Aged red wine
100% Uve Barbera
Wine with a frank scent, reminiscent of chocolate and cherries. Dry taste, pleasantly bitter, full and harmonious taste. Altea is the typical wine for the whole meal, which goes admirably with hot appetizers, rice, pasta and all kinds of meat.
VINIFICATION AND AGING
Fermentation in contact with the skins for 12 days, at a temperature of 28-30 ° C. Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks. 80% of the mass ages in 500-liter tonneaux for about 12 months, while the remaining 20% in 225-liter French oak barriques. Subsequently, the woods are assembled and planted for a further six months in 3000-liter oak barrels.
16° – 18°
Quite wide tulip goblet
6 – 8 years
Barbera is combined with a cuisine rich in ancient and substantial flavors, as dictated by the Piedmontese tradition. It goes well with rice, pasta and all kinds of meat; then splendid with agnolotti with different fillings, depending on the custom and season. Of course, it is enhanced on the overcooked, to which it has already brought flavor during cooking.
The name Altea was given this wine in 1997 when the second daughter of Franco Cavallero was born, which bears the homonymous name.
Barbera d'Asti superiore
Barbera, since ancient times, has undoubtedly been the most widespread grape variety in our area. A sincere and generous wine, which is enhanced by aging in wood and also enjoys an excellent price / quality ratio.